Table of Contents:
Do you wish you had a simple system to organize your Christmas decor? One that was so easy and effortless that you could apply your simple system to all your storage needs? Then this post is for you. We are going to share our best tips and products to turn storage chaos into storage success. Let’s get busy.
This blog post is sponsored by Walmart. We love representing a brand that provides quality style at affordable prices. We have been fans of Walmart Home for years and continue to enjoy shopping both online at Walmart.com and in store. Jodie and I are compensated for our efforts in creating this post. Our convenient shopping links add no additional cost to you. All our opinions are authentically our own, and as always, we hope you enjoy.
Step-by-Step Storage Organizing
- Define your project. This may seem obvious, but not always. It’s important to define the size and scope of your project before you begin. Skipping this step can lead to failure.
- Choose your color code or codes for your project.
- Buy your storage bins and other storage necessities. (Make sure they are all clear.) Head to www.Walmart.com for the best selection of storage supplies at the very best prices. Walmart makes it super easy to find exactly what you need for any storage project.
- Choose how you will divide items. This will depend on the topic and how you use your items. For example, with my Christmas decor, I decorate by color, so it makes sense to organize and store by color. Some years I don’t use red. This way all my red decor can stay stored during the years when I’m not using red.
- Sort your items and create piles.
- Sort types of decor also based on fragility or shape. For example, plastic items can be piled without worry. Glass ornaments will have to be packed separately with dividers.
- Choose your storage bins for each pile. For example, I have bins for red plastic and another for red glass/fragile items. And so on.
Guide to Choosing Storage Products
- Use clear containers. You might be tempted by pretty patterns and colors but trust us. Clear is best. The most important thing is that you can see what’s inside. Here is where practicality wins.
- Color coding can help. Now we didn’t say colors aren’t important. Color is an easy and powerful way to code your storage. For example, we use red to color code all our holiday storage. We don’t use opaque red bins. We use red lids or red handles to indicate holiday storage.
- Use stackable bins. It’s important that your bins are stackable. This means they need to be sturdy enough to handle weight. We also love bins that are made to stack. This keeps piles locked together for ease of use and safety.
This is why I shop online at www.Walmart.com. The selection is great and so are the prices. They have tons of clear, color-coded, stackable bins and products to choose from.
Storage Tips from the Organizing Pros
- Don’t add something to storage until you’ve weeded out what you don’t need.
- Never store something that you’re not going to use again.
- Here’s a great guiding rule: If you haven’t used it in 2 years, you most likely won’t again.
- If you have a hard time getting rid of things, think of it this way. If you have too much stuff, you won’t be able to find the things you really love.
- Junk gets in the way of the things that are precious.
- Don’t save something because “there’s nothing wrong with it” or “it’s perfectly good”. Those are not reasons enough to keep something. If you aren’t using it, it’s simply taking up crucial storage space.
- Perfectly good things should be given new homes where they can make others happy.
- Give, donate, create new happy homes for your latent items. This will make both you and others happy. It’s a win-win.
Want lots more tips and fantastic organizing advice from the real professionals? Visit our blog post and learn what we learned, and you can become an organizing pro yourself.
Storage Solutions for Wrapping Supplies
When you have an organized storage system for your wrapping supplies, wrapping becomes a breeze. It’s crucial to have everything where you can find it. How many of us spend more time hunting down what we need than wrapping our gift? Wrapping supplies can quickly become a disaster without a great storage system.
Luckily, Walmart has many solutions that fit the bill. I like to keep the clear closet hanging storage bag for my year-round supplies. These I need to keep close at hand. Then I like the storage cases for my holiday wrap. This gets stored up in the attic until the holiday season.
Value and Selection
Jodie and I honestly love shopping at www.Walmart.com. It comes down to two key reasons, and that’s value and selection. Walmart has such a great variety of choices, no matter what we’re looking for. And we know we can rely on Walmart for value pricing. And those two factors are so important to us. It saves us both time and money when we head to Walmart.
Shop Our Favorite Storage Solution Products Below