Table of Contents:
- Walmart Partner
- Start with a Theme for Your Designer Tablescape
- Next, Choose your Colors.
- Now We’re Ready for the Linens
- Choose Dishes for Your Budget Designer Tablescape
- Get Creative with the Centerpiece
- Down the Center of your Budget Designer Tablescape
- Link Your Centerpiece Decor
- Budget Designer Tablescape: Add Your Stemware for Maximum Style
- Make Everyday Special with your Budget Designer Tablescape
Budget Designer Tablescape Ideas for Your Home
Think you need to spend a lot to get the look of a designer tablescape? Think again. There’s nothing Jodie and I love more than creating designer looks in our homes for less. To show you just how easy and budget-friendly it can be we decided to partner with Walmart to create a gorgeous designer tablescape on a budget. We’ve had so much fun choosing great decor items from Walmart Home for years, and we couldn’t wait to create a summertime garden-themed look. Let’s dig right in and show you the elements, along with easy tips you can use year-round to create your own designer tablescapes on a budget.
This blog post is sponsored by Walmart. We love representing a brand that provides quality style at affordable prices. We have been fans of Walmart Home for years and continue to enjoy shopping both online at Walmart.com and in store. Jodie and I are compensated for our efforts in creating this post. Our convenient shopping links add no additional cost to you. All our opinions are authentically our own, and as always, we hope you enjoy.
Start with a Theme for Your Designer Tablescape
We like to begin with a theme. This can be based on a holiday or event.
- July 4th
- Baby Shower
- Wedding Shower
- Ladies Brunch
- Cinco de Mayo
- New Years
- Valentines’ dinner
Even though many people are motivated by special events to create their tablescapes, you don’t need to have a fancy reason to make your table special.
Taking the time to make a beautiful table for family and friends shows you care. It turns an everyday meal into something special.
Next, Choose your Colors.
Color is a great place to start. Color is the most powerful element in a table. You should have one or two main colors and secondary colors that compliment.
- The repetition of color throughout the elements you choose will tie your budget designer tablescape together.
- You can choose to stick to one color family, adding layers with a variety of shades.
- Or you can choose colors across the color wheel for a vibrant, contrasting look.
For this festive summer garden table, I let the designer collection from Walmart lead my color choices.
I’m so in love with the Sweet Rose collection from The Pioneer Woman, available exclusively from Walmart.
The color combinations are simply stunning. This collection made it so easy to create a gorgeous table.
Now We’re Ready for the Linens
You have lots of choices when it comes to linens. I’m not sure I have a favorite way to cover my table. I like to vary my budget designer tablescapes by choosing a different combination of linens each time. This provides a fresh, exciting look to every table I create.
Here are some options:
- a runner only
- a runner and placemats
- tablecloth or table scarf
- tablecloth and placemats layered on top
- or layer all three.
Remember, have fun! I love a layered look. And if you choose elements from a designer collection, like I did from The Pioneer Woman at Walmart, all the elements have already been created to work beautifully together. You can’t go wrong. It makes decorating effortless.
Of course, don’t forget the napkins. Choose a color within your color scheme for another element that is both decorative and functional.
Choose Dishes for Your Budget Designer Tablescape
The dishes you choose will take center stage.
Have fun layering your plates. Mix it up.
Or stick with one collection. I enjoy doing both.
The Pioneer Woman dish collections make is easy to create swoon-worthy settings.
Get Creative with the Centerpiece
The center of the table is like the stage of your table. It needs to wow your audience.
This is where you want to add drama. If you choose to add height, which I like to do, don’t worry. I like to start with height, and then I don’t hesitate to remove the tallest item when we sit down for our meal. I make sure to have plenty of beautiful low-level items, so the center doesn’t look empty when I remove the tall item.
Step by Step to Create a Stunning Centerpiece:
As I said, the very center of the table is where the drama lives. I usually prefer height, but it is up to you. Choose your main element(s). This is what I call architecture.
Some ideas for the center of your budget designer tablescape:
- a vase of flowers. Make sure the colors coordinate with your color scheme.
- bowl with themed decorative items
- unique object or antique. I have a gorgeous wooden antique horse that is fun to use.
- trio of items, candleholders, bottles, etc.
- a lantern (or trio of small lanterns) Fill with traditional candles or get creative and fill with items that match your theme, using the lantern like a vase.
Whatever you choose, make sure to tie the mood to your overall theme. Do this by using related elements or simply by choosing matching colors.
Down the Center of your Budget Designer Tablescape
If you have a round table one main centerpiece might be all you create. But if you are creating a tablescape for a rectangular table I like to also add two smaller side decorations.
- These can be placed next to the large central focal point or down the table a bit.
- They balance the table.
- I usually like to make these secondary centerpieces matching or very similar.
- This creates symmetry to the table.
- It also provides beauty to the table from all angles.
- If my centerpiece is tall and will be removed for the meal, I make sure these are lower and don’t block conversation. That way your table keeps plenty of “eye candy” even if you remove the tallest centerpiece.
Link Your Centerpiece Decor
Every table is unique. You have endless choices, which is the fun in creating tablescapes. Your budget designer tablescape is the same.
One option for decorating the center of your table is to visually connect the three elements I described above. You have your main attraction, the dramatic centerpiece. Then you have the two supporting side vignettes.
I often like to “link” the three elements together.
Some ideas for your budget designer tablescape:
- Use faux or real greenery. You can choose branches, leaves, flowers, or a mixture of the above. If you use real flowers, you’ll need to create water reservoirs.
- Here’s your chance to get creative. Use small elements from your theme and sprinkle them, visually thinking your three vignettes.
- For this budget designer tablescape I let the colorful runner create my link between the three decor vignettes. I felt there was enough detail and color to the table already.
Budget Designer Tablescape: Add Your Stemware for Maximum Style
- Think about what you’ll be serving.
- This will determine what kinds of stemware or barware to add to your table.
- I always set my tables with at least one glass to begin, which will be the water glass.
- Depending on your event, you may choose to lay your table with water glasses only and allow guests to bring their beverage glass to the table with them.
- I set my budget designer tablescape with two glasses for added interest and beauty.
- Again, I suggest mixing and matching.
- There aren’t rules.
- When you mix and match colors and styles it’s creative and interesting.
For this colorful table I chose vibrant colored glasses from The Pioneer Woman collections again. But instead of sticking to one color I mixed the aqua and the pink which brought out the colors in the dishes and tied everything together.
For more budget-friendly tablescape ideas, visit Between Naps on the Porch blog site for beautiful summer table inspiration.
Make Everyday Special with your Budget Designer Tablescape
I absolutely love to create a special table for everyday meals. This says to your family that every day is special. Is says they are special enough. Taking the time to create a lovely table says you care. It tells the people in your life that they are enough reason to celebrate. Walmart makes it all possible, even on a budget. With unique designer collections like The Pioneer Woman, you don’t need to compromise style on a budget.
This is very folksy! I prefer elegant
Table scape. Using either a beautiful
White table cloth & use classy table
Runners in gold &/or silver to build
A theme with white & gold pumpkins
With greenery for Thanksgiving or
Metal animal figures with greenery
Something that is not common,
But creative & personal!
[…] More items… […]
So lovely! Thank you for all the ideas. I have a hard time decorating unless I see ideas so thanks so much for sharing! I love all the pioneer woman dishes too.