Table of Contents:
The easiest 4-ingredient dessert kabob recipe that looks pretty and tastes amazing
If you’re anything like us, you like to spend as little time in the kitchen preparing food as possible in the summer. Baking heats up the kitchen, and we would much rather be outside enjoying time with our guests and soaking up the sunshine. This is the perfect dessert kabob for your next summer event because it:
- doesn’t require an oven,
- requires only 4 ingredients,
- is quick to prepare, and
- is easy to serve and eat outdoors.
We use affiliate links on our blog. We earn commissions when you shop with us. For complete information visit our legal page.
Our mission was to create one of the easiest desserts possible, so we knew that meant simple ingredients. You all know that we are not above putting together store-bought ingredients when it’s a good cause, and a tasty new dessert feels like a perfect cause to us.
We love eating fruit for dessert, so we decided on fruit dessert skewers of some kind. Jodie racked her brains for simple, no-prep ingredients that went with fruit. We agreed that you can never go wrong with chocolate. Of course, marshmallows are a classic, no-fail summer dessert option that is also a huge hit. Put it all together, and voila! One of the best dessert kabob recipes we’ve ever tasted was born.
What can you put on a dessert kabob?
To make this no-bake, no-prep, no-fuss sweet dessert, collect the following ingredients (and I use that term loosely):
- Skewer sticks: A simple wood skewer works great. You can also use extra-long toothpicks. Basically, you just want to make sure that whatever you use is food safe.
- Fresh strawberries: We love strawberries. They look nice on a skewer and are so easy to work with. But you could use a different fruit like pineapple, blueberries, or a variety of fruit to mix up the color combo! Go with your heart here.
- Mini brownie bites: Go ahead and buy these at the store! Everyone loves them; they are an easy way to add a delicious chocolatey bite to your skewers.
- Large marshmallows: We love that this recipe involves this backyard favorite treat but doesn’t require fires, messy graham crackers, or melted goo!
- Melting chocolates: We love Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melts for this, but you have many options for your chocolate drizzle depending on your preferences and what you have available in your pantry. You could use all sorts of different melted candy:
How to Make a Delicious Dessert Kabob
Now that you have your ingredients, it’s time to assemble them.
1. To begin, layer your items on the wooden skewers in this order: Strawberry, brownie bite, marshmallow, and another strawberry.
2. Next, place skewers on a nice white serving tray if you will be serving them immediately. Otherwise, put them in the bottom of an airtight container on a piece of parchment paper or paper towel if they are going to be traveling.
3. Next, melt the Ghirardelli Melts according to the package directions. Melt your candy in a small pot on the stove or in a bowl for the microwave.
4. Use a spoon to drizzle your melted chocolate over the skewers.
5. Finally, place your tray or container in the fridge until you’re ready to serve your dessert, so the chocolate drizzle stays firm.
That’s all there is to it.
How to Make Charming and Cheerful Chocolate Strawberry Dessert Kabobs Right Now!
- 4 Wooden Skewers
- 8 Strawberries
- 4 Large marshmallows
- 4 Mini brownie bites
- 1/2 cup Ghiradelli chocolate, melted
- Layer your items on the wooden skewers in this order: Strawberry, brownie bite, marshmallow, and another strawberry.
- Place skewers on a serving tray if you will be serving them immediately, or put them in the bottom of an airtight container on a piece of parchment paper or paper towel if they are going to be traveling.
- Melt the Ghirardelli Melts according to the package directions.
- Use a spoon to drizzle your melted chocolate over the skewers.
- Place your tray or container in the fridge until you're ready to serve your dessert so the chocolate drizzle stays firm.
Can you imagine an easier or yummier backyard treat? The more we think about it, the more we agree that this sweet treat would be the perfect way to celebrate any event. You could easily incorporate this dessert kabob into:
- Summer BBQs
- Birthday parties
- Baby showers
- Valentine’s Day
Whatever the occasion, we hope you enjoy this easy, tasty dessert kabob with all the summer flavors that we love. What’s your favorite no-prep summer treat? Share it in the comments. We always love hearing from you.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
Everyone loves pizza. It is such an easy way to feed a crowd! We all love a good savory meat, cheese, and veggie version of this classic meal, but did you know that the convenience and fun of pizza can be expanded to include dessert?
Similarly, if you love white chocolate, ooey gooey marshmallows, sprinkles, and seasonal M&M candy, you’ll love these cookie bars.